Full Mouth Reconstruction
Full mouth reconstruction refers to the process of completely restoring all of the teeth in your mouth. Full mouth reconstruction, unlike a “smile makeover,” is a necessary series of procedures, rather than an elective surgery.
Full mouth reconstruction is needed when:
- Teeth have been lost
- Teeth have been injured or fractured
- Teeth have become worn as a result of acid-erosion
- Jaw pain is present due to bite problems
For more information about Full Mouth Reconstruction or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Davis:
- Call us at Davis Dental Clinic Phone Number 405-787-8990.
- Fill out our Appointment Form.
Procedures Involved in Full Mouth Reconstruction
Every patient’s needs are different and, therefore, require different procedures. Usually, full mouth reconstruction requires multiple office visits and some amount of healing time. Dr. Davis will determine which procedure or combination of procedures is necessary to restore and rebuild your perfect smile. Dr. Davis will also refer you to other dental specialists if needed.
Some options include:
- Teeth cleaning (prophylaxis)
- Crown lengthening to prepare tooth structure for possible crowns or bridges
- Surgery to reposition the jaw (orthognathic surgery)
- Contouring of the gum tissue
- Reduction of natural tooth structure to prepare for crowns, bridges, and veneers
- Placement of temporary restorations to get you used to your new teeth or bite adjustment
- Placement of permanent restorations such as crowns, veneers, inlays/onlays, or bridges
- Braces to move teeth into the ideal position for reconstruction
- Bone or soft tissue grafting to increase the stability of your teeth or implants